I walked into my local GP surgery to find this:
I don’t understand … so where am I supposed to go? Call for advice from the front door? Why can’t a person come and speak to me?
This is an example of why people don’t like going to the doctors and why people don’t seek help when they are ill.
A conversation has to be happen between:
- the person who made this sign
- the person who decided to place it at the front door
- the doctors who walk past it every morning approvingly
- the reception who witnesses the reactions
- most importantly – the patients
…fling a service designer into that mix and you are onto a solution!